(FBYD) Fred Barrett Yacht Design & Naval Architecture P/L was born in 2008.
Based at both Opossum Bay and at the Derwent Sailing Squadron in Southern Tasmania.
- 1994 – Bachelor of Engineering degree in Naval Architecture from the Australian Maritime College,
- Naval Architect with Incat Australia
- Naval Architect with Sparkman & Stephens Inc, New York
- Project Manager with McConaghy Boats – R/P designed MaxZ 86 Morning Glory & Open 50, the Owen/Clarke designed Artforms, now racing as Pegasus.
- Technical Build Manager & Shore Manager 2005/2006 Volvo Ocean Racing Team – Movistar.
- Design Coordinator for the Lutra 80’ Singularity, built at McConaghy Boats, NSW, Australia.
- Casual Lecturer at the Australian Maritime College, UTAS.
- Boatbuilder & Marine Repairs – Composites
YACHT & RECREATIONAL CRAFT DESIGN & ENGINEERING
COMMERICAL NAVAL ARCHITECTURE
BLUE SKY PROJECTS
SHIPPING CRADLE DESIGN
TECHNICAL CONSULTANT WORK – MARITIME & OTHER
IRC, ORCi MEASURING – OFFICIAL AUSTRALIAN SAILING MEASURER (7008)
KEEL & RUDDER INSPECTIONS – AUSTRALIAN SAILING
ISO 12217 & ORCi STABILITY ASSESSMENTS – CAT 1 CHECK FOR S2H
RECREATIONAL CRAFT SURVEY INSPECTIONS & RISK EVALUATION SURVEYS
INHOUSE COMPOSITE WORK & CNC RUDDER CONSTRUCTION